Boerne Plumbing Company
Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
Your Local Plumbers - Family Owned & Operated
Texas State Board of Plumbing Examiners PO Box 4200 Austin, TX 78765 (800) 845-6584
Licensed & Insured for Your Family's Safety and
Peace of Mind
Boerne Plumbing Tips
|Posted on May 15, 2014 at 10:00 PM|
Boerne Plumbing Maintenance Tips
An ounce of prevention will go a long way toward keeping your Boerne home’s plumbing in top working order and you'll avoid costly repairs!
Sinks and Faucets
- Even small drips can waste thousands of gallons of water, as much as 150 gallons a day! Be sure to check under sinks for moisture or small leaks. And always repair leaky faucets right away to avoid paying for wasted water, and also to avoid water damage to your bathroom and kitchen fixtures and pipes.
- Remove and clean your faucet aerators annually to ensure an even flow of water.
- Make sure overflow outlets on tubs and bathroom sinks are clear and open to prevent water damage to floors and ceilings.
- Before doing any maintenance on your water heater yourself, be sure to shut off the power, and read your owner's manual.
- At least once every three months, drain water from the tank. Over time sediment builds at the bottom of the heater, which can hamper performance, and draining a couple of gallons or so helps remove the sediment.
- You should also periodically inspect your water heater burner. The flame under the heater should appear blue with yellow tips. If it’s mostly yellow, or if it’s sooty under there, your flue may be clogged, which is a dangerous situation. Contact a professional Boerne Plumber to check it out.
- At least once every two years, have your water heater inspected by a Boerne service plumber. He or she will also check the drain valve for signs of leakage, and the anode rods for corrosion. Which will prolong the life of your water heater.
- Toilet leaks can be wasteful and expensive. At least once a year, check your toilet for leaks by adding a small amount of red food coloring to the tank, and then check the toilet bowl in a few minutes. If the toilet bowl water is colored red, water is seeping through from the tank. If it is leaking, you should replace the tank flapper. Or call Boerne Joe' Plumbing. Our Boerne plumbers will be right there.
- To help prevent clogs, fit all your tubs and shower drains with a strainer that catches hair and soap chips, and clean the strainer regularly.
- Do not rinse fats or cooking oils in the kitchen sink. Liquid fats solidify in the cold pipes and create clogs.
- Avoid using caustic liquid drain openers (like Drano or Liquid Plumber) on a drain that is completely clogged. The caustic ingredients are trapped in your pipes, and it can severely damage them. If you can’t snake the drain yourself, contact a professional plumber at Boerne Joe' Plumbing to do so.
You can extend the life of your garbage disposal by:
- Using plenty of cold water when it is running helps lubricate and prevent a kitchen sink stoppage
- Making sure you avoid overloading it with too much food and waste
- Never use your disposer for things like bones or corn husks
- Never use a caustic drain opener in your garbage disposal. It could harm it beyond repair.
Boerne Joe' Plumbing in Boerne TX, the best choice for local service plumbers in Boerne TX (830) 249-4121